12.2.08

Nelson - Scripture Union

TSCF Staff & Families conference concluded on Feb1st. On Feb 4th I was again driving over the Lewis Pass to Nelson - the six hour drive is getting familiar to me! I'd been invited to join with Nelson Scripture Union for Equip, assisting last year's school leavers in the transition to university. In addition, whilst in Nelson, I took the opportunity to meet up with some church leaders and TSCF supporters.

Equip was a huge encouragement to me. All involved had been leading school Christian Unions and to see their desire to live for Jesus in the next step was wonderful. I talked from Daniel 1, showing the similarities between them and their new situations at uni to Daniel and his mates at the University of Babylon. After that, Andrea gave her 'top 5 tips' for uni first-timers - these were spot on and born out of her experiences as a first year at Massey Wellington in 2007.
I was especially encouraged to hear her excitement in recounting how her friend became a Christian and how God used her in that. God is at work here - often in small ways (Milo, the Nelson SU worker, apologised for small numbers at Equip, but the vigour and love for Jesus in that small group is worth far more than the many), but definitely at work.

Progress in TSCF work in Lincoln, Nelson and indeed nationwide, is slow but steady, and of great lasting significance.

A big thanks to Milo for inviting me to participate in Equip and to Aunt Maureen for her wonderful hospitality!

No comments: