21.6.07

Minty2

A few posts back I said I'd continue to tale of my couple of weeks up in Nelson/Marlborough. So this is as promised.

In Nelson I met a couple of guys in the fledgling CF in the polytech there, and the wonderful Milo, the local Scripture Union worker.
The long holiday weekend saw Liz join me over the hill in Golden Bay, which was great. On the Monday Lizzy returned home and I travelled to Malborough, for on the Tuesday Minty2 began.


Minty is the 'discipleship training scheme that's refreshingly different', with Ps 92:14-15 as the aim. Minty2 is the second of three training weeks through the year for Minterns around the county. Minty2 was held at a beautiful bach on Queen Charlotte Sound. My colleague Andy has beaten me to it in terms of reflections on the week, and has posted here: http://kiwichronicles.blogspot.com/2007/06/friendship-is-forge-of-future.html
I agree with Andy, so do have a look there (although I didn't have the joy of arriving by small plane, much though I would have loved that. But I loved the drive too - bizarrely, I picked up the same hitchhiker twice, in different places, on different days!)

Then, after Minty2 I returned to Nelson to take one of the teaching sessions of Nelson Scripture Union's high school leaders training conference - Fuel'07. Was great to be there, teaching from Hebrews about encouraging one another, and to give the high school students a vision of what a uni CF could be like. I look forward to working with Milo in Nelson more closely. There was a bug at camp and a few leaders were crook, including Milo. But being a Canadian he, unlike me, wasn't grumpy about it!

It was a long drive home over the mountains, but beautiful. Great to get home, but great to have been in Nelson and Marlborough.

No comments: