3.4.07

Green tomato chutney


I spent my Monday evening making chutney, to try and use up all the oodles of green tomatoes that our two plants had on them. It was my first chutney, and my first attempt at bottling stuff. It seemed to work very well indeed, and now we have four very large jars of chutney to munch through. Yummy!
It's all thanks to my colleague Geoff at work. He gave us the two baby tomato plants in the Spring, and has loaned me the professional agee jars so I can learn to preserve stuff. I feel a bit like I'm turning into the epitome of a 50's house-wife. Except that because I've spent all my non-AgResearch time doing crochet and chutney the rest of the house, and my life, is a big scrawly mess! Yeah!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks scrummy. I hope you have some left for me to try next time I see you. :o)

Priscille - Pepe said...

Hi Liz,
You're a better farmer and cooker than I am. Just to taste your chutney I'll come one day to visit God willing.

Big big french hugs,

Pepe